Issue with my new phone

Matt-aka-FAST

TBG Founder
Leadership
Donator
I just upgraded from Nexus 4 to ZTE grand x4 max (not very popular or known in Canada).

Anyway yesterday I downloaded apps on google play without issues but today it wont fucking work anyway giving me error code 491.

I have tried removing my google account, clearing cache/data, restarting phone nothing.

Anyone have some experience with this?

Looks like a semi common issue: http://androidfact.com/google-play-error-491/

Try this suggestion below. It looks like once the akp is installed it should resolve your issue.

upload_2016-12-4_13-23-0.png

Edit:

Granted your phone is a slighty different model, it seems to be something the ZTE phones have a bit of an issue with. If that doesn't work try going to http://forum.xda-developers.com/ and look up your phone. They should have a sub-forum dedicated to it where you can ask/look up the issue.

Fixed! And this video gave me an idea how to fix

I was not able to turn on storage permission with chrome but when I went to safe mode then enabled the permission it worked.

Didn't have to download latest google +

I have no idea what chrome has to do with google play apps but it worked for me.

Cheers

Fixed! And this video gave me an idea how to fix

I was not able to turn on storage permission with chrome but when I went to safe mode then enabled the permission it worked.

Didn't have to download latest google +

I have no idea what chrome has to do with google play apps but it worked for me.

Cheers

Now that is weird. Never heard of that fix before but hey, you're back on easy street.

Next time don't be a cheap ass and buy a pixel. =P

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I wanted another phone but wind Mobile now known as freedom mobile just got LTE. Yeah I know but they're plans are the cheapest compared to other providers. I'm not paying 80+$ for only 3 GB of LTE bandwidth.

We seriously need Verizon sprint or whatever here. The big three providers buy out all the small ones and shoot up their prices. The guys I'm with started really small and now growing. Considered 4th largest provider now

Unlimited BW, calls to US and Can, text globally for 40

They are using band 66 the only carrier using it. Almost all phones out there are not compatible with this band only LG V20 which is ridiculous with the pricing and this new mid range phone.
I got this phone for 45 bucks with all the credits I've accumulated over the past few years.
My Nexus 4 after 5 years became unusable touch screen keypads no longer work and battery drains like a bitch.

I'll get another phone in 2017 when more phones are compatible with the new LTE spectrum

Pixel does not bring anything new to the table imo and not compatible with the new LTE :p

Last edited:
Verizon isn't cheap @Matt(FAST). It's what I have because it and us cellular are the only things that work in maine..

2 phones and a wifi Hotspot

Screenshot_2016-12-05-14-15-02.jpg

lol! shit but im sure you're getting more than 3GB of data?
Nevermind, it's not family plan. Got confused with Doc's post lol That's too much $ for a phone plan :S

80 bucks i wouldnt be getting much :(

@Avery78 I know, im a loyal customer! :)

I know the feeling Matt, just like our awesome internet providers in Canada that are the same than the Cell... And they try to make us believe that we have full fiber optic for internet... LOL

Is Straight talk an option for you in Canada. It has a $60 plan for unlimited talk, text and 5GB of high speed data for US and International use including Canada. They have a 10GB plan too. They use Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint. I have it and have set it up for people for 2 years. I all gone through many phones,Android and Apple, doing troubleshooting. Check out this phone too, it is what I have and I love it. It is GSM only with 2 sim card slots.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875220010

Also for anyone who wants to try it, Zenfone has its own UI that i love and i think is way bettter than google launch. You can install it form google play store under zenUI.

You know alot of times 3g or 4g is better than LTE for a few reasons, first off there might not be many LTE towers in your area, and 2nd off nobody is using the 3g network any more because everything is 4g/LTE so IF there is still 3g coverage in your area and you have a 3g device its like having towers just for your self! Something to consider.

Back