Speed, Aim, etc... Steam ID:2894100

STEAM_0:0:34004485 changed to somehow... idk

What game was this player found on? @jollygreendino @Nameless Ranger @Sgt.SID @Deputy Swan @doNico please extend this ban to insurgency / squad. Prior vac bans regardless of age are to be perm banned on our servers.

I'm not sure, but I think the GameMe plugin has a configurable option where it will not allow VAC banned players to join the server, regardless of the game they were banned in. I think it is part of the GameMe plugin and not something else, but I'm not positive. It might take a load off the admins if it can be automated.

We'll have to look at that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

@Soulzz

I did some Googling, and SourceMod is a requirement for the GameMe plugin so you already are part way there.

Some servers use a plugin for SourceMod called VAC Status Checker. VAC Status Checker itself requires a small plugin (listed on that page) which allows SourceMod to make network connections, which I'm assuming is so the plugin can connect to Steam's servers to check the VAC status of a player joining the server. It looks like it only does this query when a new player joins, then it caches that result locally so it's not constantly checking with Steam over and over for the same people. It then re-checks after a certain amount of time has passed since the player joined incase they picked up a ban in the meantime. Searching Steam Discussions, it appears to work just fine in Insurgency. People also say it works in Insurgency on that plugin's thread, on the last page.

That should take some of the burden off admins having to manually ban someone who was already caught cheating in another game.

Last edited:
Back