BF4 Beta performance issues caused by....Windows 7?

AmishBob

Assistant to the Regional Leadership Manager
Admin
Interesting discussion below. I have windows 8, and two of my friends have windows 7. They both have decent computers, but the game is hardly playable on all low settings with everything turned off. I'm running Win 8 and getting fantastic frames on medium settings. I'd love to hear feedback from the rest of you.

Windows 8 versus 7 p - Forums - Battlelog / Battlefield 3

Dice recommended windows 8 for a reason. I haven't looked into the BS but something about CPU optimization in parts of DX 11.1 not utilized by W7.

I'm running Win 8 on ultra settings. Seems to run fine.

I am running windows 8 on ultra w/ a 7970 and haswell rig and consistently run at 80 - 100 fps.

Those people are weird. I'm running on Windows 7 64 bit, smooth as can be usually. Running on high.

it set everything to ultra for me automatically, but it doesnt understand that i dont live in -30 c temperatures.

im playing on ultra with win 7 just fine..

I ran it on Win 8 with the optimized Nvidia settings until my fucking ssd crashed and is now preventing me from playing anything.

it set everything to ultra for me automatically, but it doesnt understand that i dont live in -30 c temperatures.

Not long till your in Canada :)

Win 8 here running great

Windows 7 ultimate with default language to russian, Intel i5 quad core, 3.4-3.5 Ghz, Nvidia 560 GTX using driver 327.23 (the version that windows installs). Game auto sets to Ultra and getting about 50-60 fps and it crashes about as often as BF3 does i.e. not a lot.

Unlocked core parking on wins 7 ulti 64 bit and other tweaks.

Perf is fine for me.

No problems at all with BF4 on Win7. It runs great, no micro stuttering or lag like in BF3. The only thing I've had is it crashed in game once and a couple of times if I was afk for more than a couple of minutes.

no performance issues... it wouldnt let me boot past the load screen though until i ran pbsetup. flawless on ultra though

was running windows 7 got 30 fps with settings on ultra on a 4770k, 16 gig ddr3 2800 ram, and gtx 780. Upgraded to windows 8 and now running 100 to 120 fps.

was running windows 7 got 30 fps with settings on ultra on a 4770k, 16 gig ddr3 2800 ram, and gtx 780. Upgraded to windows 8 and now running 100 to 120 fps.

Are you sure you were on a good install of 331.40 before? Because hell I can get 30 fps on the 570 in ultra (barely). I might end up biting the bullet sooner or later here though. Ill miss the aero but as long as the start menu replacements work well with 8.1 (read, tap into the new button) I can live with it. Still haven't bought a copy of windows and really want to. 8.1 prices are half what 7 is for full retail, around the same as the system builder licenses so almost tempting but screw windows 8 lol.

yea, tried with official driver and beta. even went back to the metro server just to check if fps was good there and got 200 fps. not dissappointed too much, was waiting on 8.1 myself. just wanted to let folks know that this fix worked for me. :)

I have been paying very close attention to the server team that I am joining. I have Win7 and my games go from bad to good seemingly on picking a provider choice. Perhaps, what OS the server is running on is making a difference? I dunno... Observations below:

NFOServers.com seem to have the WORST server side lag when I am playing 32 man domination. In fact, they even have a banner up that says, PERFORMANCE ISSUES ARE PUNKBUSTER!
Trinitygames.com is middle of the road. Seems to be bad, then good, then bad again.
GameServers.com is pretty decent. I have only hit mild issues once in a while when I am playing 32 man domination.
Fragnet.net has clean gameplay when I am playing 32 man domination.

I'll be giving 8.1 a try here this month. I've heard from others as well that BF3 and 4 run better on Win8 otherwise I wouldn't bother. I'll let you know how it goes after I install it and game some on Win 8.

Back