Server asking for expansion

SynCro

Trying to join conquest server that is currently playing Noshahr Canals map. I'm fairly certain this is a standard map and not part of the expansion as I recall playing it years back, but whenever i try to join through battlelog on your server it says i need the aftermath expansion??

We usually run all battlefield maps on weekends. If you dont have it, you wont be able to join. Will be back to regular base maps tomorrow.

What I'm saying is the map is part of the standard edition of bf3 (which i have + back to karkland), but when trying to load it from your server it asks for the aftermath expansion when its not even included in that. I tested it and i could join other servers running that map, but your server makes it think its part of the expansion.

Here is another example from a different server. It's running Metro another map included in standard edition but if i were to load it, it asks for aftermath expansion which i circled. Is this sole reason because of the server rotation includes expansion pack maps? Seems a bit odd you can't join and play the ones you do have.

Not sure what to tell you, this is the first time I am hearing this.

What I'm saying is the map is part of the standard edition of bf3 (which i have + back to karkland), but when trying to load it from your server it asks for the aftermath expansion when its not even included in that. I tested it and i could join other servers running that map, but your server makes it think its part of the expansion.

I was under the impression that you couldn't join a server if it had any DLC maps on the rotation (if you don't have said DLC) regardless of what the current map is.

I am suprised you could enter these other servers. Were any of these other servers you could join actually live? It might be that you could join them when they are still in unranked/warmup mode (less than 4 players), but once it goes live you would get booted. Just a theory.

I was under the impression that you couldn't join a server if it had any DLC maps on the rotation (if you don't have said DLC) regardless of what the current map is.

I am suprised you could enter these other servers. Were any of these other servers you could join actually live? It might be that you could join them when they are still in unranked/warmup mode (less than 4 players), but once it goes live you would get booted. Just a theory.
I think that is the conclusion i drove too was like you said, if the the servers are running DLC maps in the mix then it requires you to have expansion regardless of map being played.

The other servers i joined probably weren't running the DLC maps in their rotation which is why it wasn't a problem i gather.

Anyways thanks for clearing it up!

Back