Update my Old Gaming PC

caroljames9

I am looking to upgrade my old gaming PC. I have been using it for a long long time. I recently decided to upgrade it's the hard drive from HDD to SSD (https://www.allhdd.com/samsung-mz1l2960hcjr-00a07-ssd/). I am not a tech person. I need your help with what else I can update on my own. Below are my PC specs
SSD (
Intel i3 processor
4 GB RAM
512 GB HDD + 960 GB SSD
EVGA Graphic card.

Hard drive is good but I would consider upgrading your ram to 12 or 16GB with 2800 mhz or higher for frequency. You would have to make sure that the motherboard can run the memory sticks though.

i3 may not be a good cpu to use with newer games, older technology.

I am not sure what kind of EVGA card you have.

You may need to get new motherboard, new cpu and definitely more memory ram

At this point, it is pretty much looking like a complete replacement for motherboard, ram, processor are needed (if it ran fine on 4gb, it's likely very outdated). If you could post the model numbers, that would be great (open task manager, click performance and then check what names you see for the CPU, GPU)

At this point, it is pretty much looking like a complete replacement for motherboard, ram, processor are needed (if it ran fine on 4gb, it's likely very outdated). If you could post the model numbers, that would be great (open task manager, click performance and then check what names you see for the CPU, GPU)
lmao .. my thought exactly.

The best part about PC's is you don't need to be a 'tech guy', the parts are all plug and play so long as you grab the right compatible components - there are a ton of tutorials on youtube about building PC's, watch a bunch of those to get acclimated with the idea of how to do it, then start asking the questions about budget and begin shopping.

If you need help with compatibility for stuff like ram, memory, etc you can always reach out and we'll lend the assist - but as the others have pointed out, your most likely gonna need a complete overhaul.

We also have the PC-and-tech channel in our discord should you want to reach a larger pool of opinions

discord.tbgclan.com or https://discord.gg/tbgclan

Back