Bad road trip

Matt-aka-FAST

TBG Founder
Leadership
Donator
I drove from Toronto Canada to New York to New Jersey and just made it here after 9 hours of driving and waiting at the border for an hour. Sadly I ran over some large feline or fox along the way. It came out of nowhere running across. Damaged the front bumper: a portion on the side is missing. I was doing 65 mph. Bad way to start my road trip for the year :(

Do you drive through Massachusetts at any point in your trip? And sorry to hear that bro.

I drove from Toronto Canada to New York to New Jersey and just made it here after 9 hours of driving and waiting at the border for an hour. Sadly I ran over some large feline or fox along the way. It came out of nowhere running across. Damaged the front bumper: a portion on the side is missing. I was doing 65 mph. Bad way to start my road trip for the year :(
Noo! At least you are okay. Maybe one of the TBG guys is close to where you are and you can do a meetup?

That sucks. I hit a mule deer before doing 65...wrecked the entire front end of the car and over 3K in damage. Hopefully the rest of your trip is not so eventful.

Do you drive through Massachusetts at any point in your trip? And sorry to hear that bro.

Went through buffalo since it’s closest city to me and drove through upstate New York.

Thanks sixer and yeah it was a shocker for me when that happened. I drove for miles and miles and spotted pockets of dead deers on the side of the road. It sucks but nothing you can do I guess

Leaving tomorrow morning. Going to my sister’s graduation party then watching NBA finals....watching my raptors playing golden state warriors at the bar. Gooooo rapsssssss

That's rough Matt, I really hope the rest of your trip goes better . be safe ~nerd~

at least you can still drive the car....i hit a cow in texas doing about 70 in the middle of the night....car was TOTALED and i ended up paying for the cow on top of it, do to the messed up laws in the state.....just remember friend it could be a lot worse

at least you can still drive the car....i hit a cow in texas doing about 70 in the middle of the night....car was TOTALED and i ended up paying for the cow on top of it, do to the messed up laws in the state.....just remember friend it could be a lot worse

That’s true still drives and can get it fixed when I get home. And sorry to hear about that. That sounds much worse

No doubt. My dad totalled a 63 corvette the same way, except it was a sow...and had to pay for the sow that ran into the road and his card. Admittedly, he was doing a little over 100...oops, but why should anyone have to pay for an animal that got loose?

Anyway, Matt, yeah nothing you can do when they literally jump out at your vehicle.Get get home safe and I'd call that a win :)

Hoe bag you should say something when you are going to be that close lol. Unfortunately my son's birthday today and I have to go to a wedding tomorrow.

1560048295644.png

Dang, I once ran over a street dog, at similar speed, but I was using a motorcycle, the entire left side of my body got pretty messed up, I couldn't play basketball for one and a half year, since then I don't like driving anything, but I do like bicycle, you should try that trip using a bicycle, it should take 6 to 10 days, a bicycle trip it's something that one never forgets.

I remember on my 2nd deployment to Iraq we were on a foot patrol and a group of old men in a bingo truck pull up and start yelling at us. We pointed a laser pen in to the drivers face and he peeeeeels out in this tiny ass bongo truck with 5-6 men on it.
It rounds a corner behind a building and all we hear is !!smaaaaah!! And then screaming.
Well little did they know a full sized male camel was on the street as they plowed around the corner.
They hit the camel at maybe 40mph.... the bingo truck was decimated and the men. Well one went through the windshield ripping flesh from his face all the way down to his stomach and the rest lay scattered like a bomb just went off inside the truck.
About 10 feet away was the camel. Standing tall as if nothing happened.
Had a good laugh. Saw grown men shit their self over a head on camel ramming.
I cherish this memory.

Back