Computer Problems

Stargoat

I will e away from TBG for awhile. I am having some computer problems and I am attempting to resolve them. But with my work schedule will take some time. So I will try and keep you guys posted.

What seems to be the problem Stargoat?

Well are any of you familar with the nvlddmkm.sys issue. I have vista which I am starting to hate. The problem is when I am in a game my graphics get really tweaky and then distort to different colors. Then I freez and my computers goes into the bluescreen doing a memory cache thingy. Sorry I am tired with computer crap this week.

I deleted my partition and resinstalled vista. After I get things updated it seems to do it again. I only have my 8500 GT driver installed atm and everything is running fine. So I have no idea what is wrong with my system. Any of you have any ideas I would very much appreciate it or help me decide which drivers I need to install.

I had the exact same issue with my system until I reformatted. I have a 8000 series NVIDIA graphics card (8800 GTX).

The problem for me was random BSOD's at start-up.

Have you tried updating to the latest drivers from NVIDIA?

You shouldn't need to do this but for this issue I'd recommend it:

1. Download latest drivers.
2. Unplug internet.
3. Uninstall NVIDIA drivers.
4. Restart PC.
5. Install Drivers.
6. Restart PC.
7. Plug your internet back in and see if it works.

Vista will attempt to install software that it thinks is needed to use for your peripherals. This is why I wanted to see if this would do the trick.

I just want to make sure - do you have UAC (User Account Control) turned on or off?

As for your system, there is nothing at all wrong with it. It's a problem with NVIDIA and Microsoft. Let me know if this helps bro, thanks!

[quote1223257983=Stargoat]
Well are any of you familar with the nvlddmkm.sys issue. I have vista which I am starting to hate. The problem is when I am in a game my graphics get really tweaky and then distort to different colors. Then I freez and my computers goes into the bluescreen doing a memory cache thingy. Sorry I am tired with computer crap this week.

I deleted my partition and resinstalled vista. After I get things updated it seems to do it again. I only have my 8500 GT driver installed atm and everything is running fine. So I have no idea what is wrong with my system. Any of you have any ideas I would very much appreciate it or help me decide which drivers I need to install.
[/quote1223257983]

I'd install the latest drivers from nvidia first of all latest beta if it's newer than the release driver. "Release" doesn't mean much lately anyway, as we have seen with the latest WHQL set (178.13 I think) which FUBAR'd the hell out of BF2142 on my system...

I'd also look for an update to my motherboard bios... just in case. Look up your model of motherboard on the manufacturer's website and see if your bios is older than the one there.

Also, I used to get nvlddmkm.sys failures when trying to overclock my 8600m-gt on my laptop too high, so it might indicate overheating and/or faulty video card. As an experiment, try opening the side of your case, and blowing air in it with a household fan, while playing BF2142 or whatever makes your system go crazy as you described above. If it's fine with the fan blowing in the case, you might have an overheating issue... in which case you'll have to buy a new case or figure out a way to improve airflow...

Anyway, hope you figure it out.

I am going to reinstall vista and then try to install new video card driver.

Got video driver installed. Vista updates installed now. I have work today, so I will get 2142 downloaded and when I get home will try and see if it works.

Ok need help. I am getting a VGA Adapter not compitable. Anyone know were I can find the right one?

8500 GT Nvidia

WTF? Does windows say that?

Is that a laptop with the 8500GT?

When and where does it say "VGA Adapter not compatible"?

Right after startup. Bottom right corner pops up saying Your VGA Driver has been disable because it is not compatiable.

No not a laptop

Do you have a DVI cable or just VGA?

It's VGA.

Also when I go into my device manager my display drivers gets the 43 error code. I looked around and microsofts website said if uninstalling it and installing does not fix best idea to reinstall windows.

Uninstall and reinstall the driver if you haven't done so already. Reformating should be a last resort.

Uhh... try to make sure the card is seated in the motherboard properly... also I'm not sure if the 8500GT has power connectors that need to go in it, but make sure that it's getting power...

I've no idea to be honest, never seen this specific error before.

Jesus - I updated my NVIDIA driver and thats where the trouble started. I am also running Vista - as only new "business" computers come with XP downgrade and Vista License. I have added a new DeathAdder mouse and Creative X-Fi Headset and think that all of that combined - caused a little glitching... So my screen started going black when I was watching a regular movie (fight club) and I thought maybe it was the movie - until... Duhn Duhn Duuuhhhnnn...

I rolled back the driver software to the original (working) software... works good now.

Back