Social Security Breach

Statistic68

Admin
Admin
Donator
There was a massive social security data breach this week. I'm suggesting all of my family and friends protect themselves and here is how.
1. Sign up for a credit monitoring services you you don't already have one. This is optional but I still suggest it. Mine costs me about $12/mo.
2. Go to the website of the 3 credit bureaus and make an account if you don't already have one. It's free. The three major credit bureaus are Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. Once you make the accounts, put a Freeze on your credit on all 3. This will prevent anyone from opening credit in your name. If you ever need to open credit, you simply log in to each site and unfreeze your credit. Later when everything is resolved, log back in and freeze your credit again.

See more
The massive Social Security number breach is actually a good thing

Last edited:
Adding onto this:

I use Deleteme & Aura for identity protection. Everyone should be using authenticators.

I'm bumping this up because my original text got cut off for the most important part, freezing your credit.

2 factor everything, password, use impossible things only you know, I go mine stolen 7 yrs ago, I still send my irs stuff to another local due to it, and special code they give me, be safe.

Back