2017 F150 Ecoboost(TT) or 2017 Tacoma(OR)

bot102

Looking for some opinions if anyone has either. I can get into both for around $30k, dropping a $18k downpayment on top to bring it down to $12k loan.

Have about 30 days to make a choice on a new vehicle after my old Tacoma was totaled before deployment.

I love the Tacoma, am able to budget getting into a new one, but I have also been looking at the new F150's with the Twin Turbo Ecoboost engines. I know just about everything about the Tacoma, but hardly anything about the Ecoboost.

I don't have a specific Ecoboost I'm looking at yet, but it will have the Ford version of the Tacoma I'm looking at. 4x4, double cab, off road package, ect.

Granted the F150 is a full size truck and the Tacoma is a mid-size, I don't know that I will need a full size truck for much.

Link to the Tacoma I'm looking at,

https://www.suntoyota.com/vehicle-details/used-2017-toyota-tacoma-tro-5TFCZ5AN4HX080299

Thanks!

IDK much about the Ford150 ecoboost, but I will say you should get the truck that fits your needs. Will you be hauling boats, trailers, etc. or something more mundane like furniture, or bed sized loads? Whichever it is, get the one that fits your needs.

What most people are saying. Looks like I will be going with the Tacoma then.

I don't think any vehicle can beat the Tacoma in resale value and just being a tough ass truck.

d2b67f096b542d666489d1a3743dadc8.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Good luck, whatever you choose.

I've got a 2013 F150, not the Ecoboost but the truck mechanically aside from that will be identical. I love it, and it's not a full size truck the F150 is a midsize half ton. You can use it to haul, I pull my 7x16 enclosed trailer loaded up to 10,000 pounds for fireworks shows and the truck handles it great. My buddy has the Ecoboost, he loves it. Gets good mileage and has tons of power. Gas engines have come a long way in the last decade. I don't know squat about the Tacoma but I can't recommend the F150 highly enough and it holds its value like it's last breath of air. It's comfortable on the road, handles loads well, seats are great, transmission is good, it's quiet as a car and the 4 wheel drive system is fantastic. Turn a knob on the dash and you're good, I use mine all the time. Renno has an F150 too, but his is a Raptor so that's kind of like comparing bald eagles to chickens.

I drove a 2015 Eco Boast for about a year until I moved to a different agency, It has shit tons of power, would let tires loss on dry pave, it would lauch you to 100 mph real quick then it would govern. I towed a trailer with atvs on it before it had no problem with that. only issue I had in 45K miles was I was pulled out a stuck suv, I had it in low 4x4, it had so much torque i snapped the rear drive shaft. Just make sure you test drive one, you will be impressed with the get up and go. I heard that the 2014 and older ones the early turbos have and had all kinds of issues.

If you have lots of pulling to do buy a F350 with 6.7L thats what I drive, i can pull 30 ft trailer loaded all day long up and down hills. at highway speed haha. good used one about 30-40K.

Attachments

• 11987051_430348917173912_7390450267394676188_n.jpg
    11987051_430348917173912_7390450267394676188_n.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 279
I decided to go with the Tacoma. Had too good of a deal set up. Got the price down to $29k. $32k out the door with 7 year, 100k bumper to bumper warranty, 5 year road hazard for the tires. Full off road package.

Put $18k down, $14k 6 year loan, 2.9% interest. Insurance only $100 a month. Total payments with insurance about $300 a month.

I already have made of list of all the changes I'm going to do.

-TRD Pro grille insert
-TRD Pro matte black wheels
-Rigid Industries LED Fog lights
-Rigid Industries front bumper insert w/ 30" single row LED bar
-K&N cold air intake

All in all, I should have enough money from selling my aftermarket stuff from my '08 to pay for all this new stuff.

received_10215874849449962.jpeg

Nice! Congrats! How about some pics of the interior?

No picture of the interior on me, I'll have to have my dad take some. Truck is back home in FL and I'm still in Japan lol

The link at the top of the page is the one I got, if it still works.

Ill give you $800 right now for your 1080ti, think of the tires you could get.

As nice of a deal as that sounds... It already has brand new Goodyear Wrangler Adventure tires with Kevlar :) Full warranty from Goodyear to 60k miles.

I like Toyota Tacoma a lot just wish the insides weren't so BLAH. Cheap hard plastic and no real feel of softness or welcoming, they are just like getting into a rock or something.

Back