BF1 Servers

2 weeks to go before Release and No one knows about the servers or not Well thank you DICE
I want to know cause i will need new GC and memory on top of your fucking Game

I really want to buy this game but the thought of no dedicated servers with admin control makes me cringe !

Yeah, that might be a deciding factor for me too.

Trust me, many of us are waiting to find out.

What is 'The Next' FPS game you will play if no BF1 ?

Trust me, many of us are waiting to find out.

What is 'The Next' FPS game you will play if no BF1 ?
Good question. I've only been playing BF (since bf3). I played CS1.6, but I don't see me going back to CS. Snakebabies is pretty excited about Squad. I might give that a peek.

Good question. I've only been playing BF (since bf3). I played CS1.6, but I don't see me going back to CS. Snakebabies is pretty excited about Squad. I might give that a peek.
There are three. Squad, rising Storm 2, and days of war

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

A friend of a friend who knows a guy said DICE would make an announcement this week.
And yes, I am correct again (points at plaque)

https://www.battlefield.com/en-gb/news/article/rent-a-server-for-battlefield-1?setLocale=en-gb

Following the Battlefield™ 1 launch, we will start rolling out a Rent-a-Server Program that will allow players to set up their own private and public Battlefield 1 servers, with control of different gameplay options to map rotations. Thanks to these customization options, you’ll be able to create games that suit the play style for you and your friends.

Starting close after launch, you will be able to rent a server through the in-game store of Battlefield 1. In the past, servers were handled by third-party companies – now, EA is providing them directly. We think this will benefit you in several ways. First off, we will be able to secure the quality of the actual hardware. Since the servers come from the same provider, it will give everyone the same uniform experience. Furthermore, if you have questions or need help, you will be able to reach out to EA Support directly instead of third party support.

On a rented server, players will be able to customize gameplay aspects like server name, map rotation, game mode, various game play settings, and more. We might restrict number of game modes available at launch and gradually enable them based on feedback and other circumstances, but you can expect that we’ll keep adding customization options and UI design throughout 2016.

Expect to hear more about it as we approach the release of the Rent-a-Server program. We can’t wait to see you on the battlefield!

there are two games, rising storm 2 and days of wars as Soulzz mentioned. The game that would most like feel more polished would be rising storm since it's not their first time launch a massive multiplayer game.

Still waiting to hear back for COD 4 remastered if that will have dedicated servers for us to host

The founder CEO of NFO insinuated that there will be no 3rd party server provider coming but perhaps for the next BF after BF1 if revenue takes a hit. Make sure they hear this shit so they reconsider for next time.

He is claiming some RSP (rank server providers) ruined it for others. I guess they were not wholeheartedly following their directions.

https://forums.nfoservers.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&p=72516

We could still rent one server from EA for BF1 that still want to play the game. But to cough up 70$+ for each server that we cannot admin is stupid. We can't put these servers on our boxes so this will be way to costly anyway.

The founder CEO of NFO insinuated that there will be no 3rd party server provider coming but perhaps for the next BF after BF1 if revenue takes a hit. Make sure they hear this shit so they reconsider for next time.

He is claiming some RSP (rank server providers) ruined it for others. I guess they were not wholeheartedly following their directions.

https://forums.nfoservers.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&p=72516

We could still rent one server from EA for BF1 that still want to play the game. But to cough up 70$+ for each server that we cannot admin is stupid. We can't put these servers on our boxes so this will be way to costly anyway.
Wow...

I wonder if this has more to do with EA wanting to generate more revenue. Instead of money going to 3rd party server providers the server rental money goes to EA.

could also be, valid point. Either way, not purchasing the game and have asses in our "branded" server that we cannot do anything about.

Question! If someone gets banned for racism on BF4, will that ban carry over to BF1?
Would be cool if there was a way to keep all racists out WITHOUT having to wait for the stupid comments again!

@pinkytube1, Not only won't prior bans carry over, but, unless EA implements a filter, all language will be allowed.

From what I've read even if a clan, such as TBG, rents a server, there won't be third party apps available like PROCON.

Typically doesnt carry over because different EA GUID (maybe not) however we ban per server, so if you use a slur on one but not the other it won't carry over unless a repeat offender.

But with BF1 not allowing us to admin, there won't be a language filter and seriously doubt EA will do anything about that.

We will see.

Back