Canon Rebel xs

lFallenl

Recently bought a rebelXS from a friend when all of a sudden today it stopped working. I used it all last night and this morning but now when I power on it simply wont. Have tried swapping batteries. Anyone have a clue what could be wrong ?

Do you have a USB cord that you can use to connect it to your computer and try to get the device to turn on through the USB?

Do you have a USB cord that you can use to connect it to your computer and try to get the device to turn on through the USB?

I am not sure what your getting at Soulz but if the issue is power source there are no Canon dSLR's that gain any source of power from USB. Pretty sure Canon uses 7.4 volt batteries.

Now it would be interesting to see if you can get a response out of it when you try to power it.

Suggestion would be to power it without a lens attached and do yourself a favor if you have a body cap put it on to keep dust from eventually making its way past the mirror and sticking to the low pass filter. But once in awhile a lens can cause an issue, sadly you dont have a top LCD to read out error codes if it were throwing one prior to boot.

Most cameras have an input that has USB at the end. At the camera end, it is not though. I figured he might be able to use that to do troubleshooting, at the very least.

Tried USB...nothing. I re charged both batteries just in case and still nothing. The red light flashes as if it is reading SD card but after that .....nothing. Guess Im going to have to turn it for repairs :( Just don't understand...was working great last night.

There is an ongoing issue with the firmware. Update the firmware and you should be good, unless the battery is truly gone.

How can I update if it does not turn on? I have tried two batteries and nothing.

Back