EA app

Ballsyone

The EA APP has forced Origin to be deleted from my computer which I'm sure the same for everyone else or it will soon. I had no choice on my computer and now that I have now once I spawn in game, BF3, my mouse stops working....just like the old problem with the mouse with Origin where you had to enable or disable mouse in game or something like that. Now it's the same issue with the EA app. I am online with EA help and he has no idea how to fix it.

If anyone here has the same issue and you found a solution please let me know.

If I get a solution I will post it here.

TIA,

Ballsyone

I vehemently hated the EA app when it was new but when that message popped up on battlelog I tried it again it has improved. I haven't had any problems with it on a few different computers. If my crayon eating self can do it idk why yours doesn't work.

The EA APP has forced Origin to be deleted from my computer which I'm sure the same for everyone else or it will soon. I had no choice on my computer and now that I have now once I spawn in game, BF3, my mouse stops working....just like the old problem with the mouse with Origin where you had to enable or disable mouse in game or something like that. Now it's the same issue with the EA app. I am online with EA help and he has no idea how to fix it.

If anyone here has the same issue and you found a solution please let me know.

If I get a solution I will post it here.

TIA,

Ballsyone
Try disabling your discord overlay. Restart the game.

I vehemently hated the EA app when it was new but when that message popped up on battlelog I tried it again it has improved. I haven't had any problems with it on a few different computers. If my crayon eating self can do it idk why yours doesn't work.
I don't know. I am still working out the kinks in my new rig. So maybe that has something to do with it. Windows 11 is a bitch.

I just logged into BF4 and was able to play with no issues. I just talked to my computer guy and he said he has problems all the time with Windows 11. I'm going back to Windows 10.

Actually, I logged in to BF4 via the app and was able to play BF4. I then exited the game and tried logging in via Battlelog and the mouse froze in game for BF4. I then re-accessed the game via the EA App again and the mouse worked. So that verified my suspicion. I tried accessing BF3 through the EA App and it flashed the Battlelog page for a second and then the game loaded and mouse froze again. So I am guessing it has to do with Windows11. I'm reloading Windows10 tomorrow.

You might still be able to override the EA App until they fully kill Origin off in 2023. I know it tried to force me and I was able to use a legacy Origin installer to get around it. I'll have to dig it up if others have interest. Not that it'll work much longer, but still..

One more edit: when it tried to force me to use the EA App, BF4 wouldn't even launch and even if it did the application would just hang and never actually launch. I'm dreading it.

On Windows 10 and I don't have any issues with it, it's been less buggy than Origin for me personally.

I am just not going to close origin. Can't force me to use an app i dont want to use.

I agree wholehartedly. I tried that. I have the original Origin app download but when I re-install it and open it it blocks me from using it. That's really messed up.

I agree wholehartedly. I tried that. I have the original Origin app download but when I re-install it and open it it blocks me from using it. That's really messed up.
I've heard that. I know if you completely uninstall the EA App and then try installing you may be able to get around it. Sounds like they've already rolled out the first wave of accounts forced to migrate though sadly.

Ok. I just loaded windows 10. Downloaded BF3 and now it's downloading the expansion packs. I'll have news here soon if I can play 3 or not. Because I really can't stand the newer BF games. AT ALL!

Back