EBAY Hacked!

Ochimo

Change those passwords just to be safe. Way too much access if its linked to your PayPal. Even though you would have to have a separate password for that as well. :)

I love how I am reading about this everywhere.,..except an email in my inbox, or on the ebay home page, or as a message after I log in.

Its real. Ebay had a press release and it is out via their twitter. They are "working on getting emails out to all of our customers"

Yeah the paypal is what scares me, of all the information I have online that is by far the most dangerous to me.

What is the fucking point of websites which don't allow you to paste into the password field (prohibits 32+ special char passwords w/ password managers unless you spend 10 minutes typing, making sure you don't make a mistake)? So fucking retarded, holy shit, they need a new dev team...

Them and paypal. It's probably the same :-D .

Unfortunately most people probably use the same password for eBay & PayPal...

Anyone that has a smartphone and uses paypal should setup two factor authentication. There are several out there. I use Symantec VIP but I know on the paypal page there are several options. So basically anytime you logon to paypal you need a password and a security key.

Back