Geforce 1080 Benchmarks...

Buying a 1080?

• Hell yes!

• Maybe

• Happy with what I have.

• Nah man, I am broke.

• Hell no

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm water cooled, so I'll wait until a waterblock is available...then I'll upgrade from my old EVGA GTX 680 which is working fine on water with no overclocking.

I trying to figure out what to spend a bit of my deployment pay on. May end up being a 1080.

Was going to build an .300 Blackout/7.62 AR, buy a new CC pistol, or some new stuff for my truck. Can't decide, everything would be $500-$1000.

I'll have $11k saved up by the time I leave here. I hope.

System requirements haven't released as far as I know. I imagine it would run the game just fine... just not at high resolution and fps... for 1080p I'm sure it would be sufficient

@bot102 how much longer do you have on deployment? If you're not coming back for a while, maybe wait for the ti or the prices to come down. More money for the gun and other shit

@bot102 how much longer do you have on deployment? If you're not coming back for a while, maybe wait for the ti or the prices to come down. More money for the gun and other shit
I have 2 months left. Should be back mid July, as of now.

judging by past releases, the TI usually follows the founding card by 6-8 months. not sure if you want to wait that long for the ti. It may come sooner ( who knows) that's just the trend. Keep in mind the Ti is going to be using their flagship gpu and HBM2 whereas the 1080 is using their intro gpu and gddrx5

Hmmm. That card is probably going to be $200-$300 more I bet. Not sure if I want to spend that amount of money. If I do anything, it might be buying the 1080 and selling it later if I want to pick up the Ti. I've never owned a flagship GPU before. I always go for like the 970 as opposed to 980 because of bang for buck.

I was checking out the EK website(https://www.ekwb.com/) and they are currently working on a waterblock for the GTX 1080. It will probably be a while before EVGA comes out with a GTX 1080 Hydrocopper, more than likely on the GTX1080ti. If you don't already know, the "Founders" Edition is nothing more than the Reference card renamed.

IDK if I'll get this one or wait for the TI version. I do have $150 EVGA bucks to spend so that will help reduce the cost of a new one.

That graph shows 980 slightly not 980ti sli. Big jump between the 980 and the 980 ti. Nonetheless looks good. I won't give them my money yet.

if y'all really want to test your GPU go to 22 seconds and see if your GPU can keep up :cool:
I'm rocking dual 770m's SLI, render fail

also there's a rare spotting @ 4minutes 21 seconds

Last edited:
Hmmm. That card is probably going to be $200-$300 more I bet. Not sure if I want to spend that amount of money. If I do anything, it might be buying the 1080 and selling it later if I want to pick up the Ti. I've never owned a flagship GPU before. I always go for like the 970 as opposed to 980 because of bang for buck.
I agree I always buy a step down on graphics cards. Was fun stuff when the Voodoo cards were around.

Back