I am getting kicked/banned by PB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just realized i messaged you about your hardware in a different section, this applies to your pc problems

I have contacted an Information Technology lawyer in Austin, TX about suing Even Balance for my wrongful false positive global ban from their Punk Buster anti cheat software. I am awaiting his reply. I think if other players who have been wrongfully accused of cheating and have been banned by Punk Buster got together and started a class action lawsuit it would definitely get their attention. If interested let me know.

Ballsyone

Check your power supply, looks like you need to blow out some of that collected dust, which could cause it to overheat and shutdown your computer suddenly or it may not be enough power for the newer video card.

MeanDean, turns out you were right. Living at the beach is hard on electronics. I have a new 12 watt power supply arriving thursday after Christmas. Will have it installed ASAP. Computer runs fine until you load up the power supply with the video card rendering game frames.

Ok, after the holidays I am starting the whole process. I'll let you know. I am sure after the lawyer understands and the potential for a class action lawsuit it will snowball. :)

Ok, after the holidays I am starting the whole process. I'll let you know. I am sure after the lawyer understands and the potential for a class action lawsuit it will snowball. :)
this one guy had a ban, without hacking, got a response from EB, they basically lifted the ban, told him its a problem on their end

Goodluck. You won't be the first to try. No class action against them has gained any real steam.

Trying to pull their status with the state of texas I noticed that HOLY SHIT, they have actually posted something recently "Mon Dec 16 2019 0:30
We have confirmed that Violation #74006 may be triggered by non-cheat software. This violation code has been removed from our master servers. We encourage server admins to give players the benefit of the doubt and not ban players for this violation."

My god could it be true, they still exist despite a lack of funding?

I am not a hacker. If I were my score would be totally different. My video card was failing. I explained that to them on 3 different occasions. They still ignore me. I am going to do everything I can to FORCE them to respond. If not to me then to my high power attorney/attorneys.

Welp, lets just hope those attorneys are better than your computer building skills.

I am not a hacker. If I were my score would be totally different. My video card was failing. I explained that to them on 3 different occasions. They still ignore me. I am going to do everything I can to FORCE them to respond. If not to me then to my high power attorney/attorneys.

Looking at previous cases they won't respond to anything legal until the first day of court. The guy is known to not show up to any of the meetings prior to the court date.

As far as stats go. In our experience that's not true. We had a member here who confessed after the fact and his stats sucked dick. An alternate experience that won't effect stats is a user who logs in the first time to try out a hack and gets banned. Their stats will remain the same.

You are going to be facing a company who was hired to do a job. Their entire business is keeping people out of games. If they had evidence of a false positive they would have already lifted the ban. Unless you can recreate the exact scenario that's triggering it what evidence are you going to bring of the damage you have incurred being unwarranted?

That's all for your lawyer to figure out of course. There are lawyers who represent reports players that can probably be good consultants. This isn't something the court system see very much.

I hear ya rain. I don’t expect much but I am trying anyway out of general principle.

Hahahaha, I bought and had installed a 1200 watt power supply. Was hoping the other one was good enough. But apparently not. Price of living at the beach.

Update on the lawsuit. I spoke with an IT lawyer familiar with this kind of case. He said he could take my money but would likely be fruitless. I told him to forget it. I guess I'll be another victim of Even Balance. What a shitshow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back