Nest Thermostat (Used 6 Months) Need to Sell

RainMotorsports

Leadership
Leadership
I will post our proof requirement tomorrow when I get up. Had this listed on Facebook for awhile had a couple offers never anyone go through with it.

I need to pay off the early termination fee on our electric contract. Part of that termination fee is because the contract my then room mate now girlfriend signed was because the Nest was part of it. We can't use it with our radiator heat system. We really need to pay the bill.

Asking $150 for it.

15350598_1173943709348060_6057840331756434008_n[1].jpg
15349657_1173943722681392_4575754566390904842_n[1].jpg
15267792_1173943742681390_7778368806482806724_n[1].jpg
15327400_1173943772681387_2868002961702622662_n[1].jpg
15284108_1173943809348050_6315905038155486244_n[1].jpg

IMG_20170102_202534.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice Thermostat for those of you who don't know these NEST:

Just turn it up and down. The Nest Learning Thermostat learns the temperatures you like and creates a custom schedule for your home. Nest automatically turns itself down after you leave. You can control it from anywhere using your phone, tablet, or laptop. Look for the Nest Leaf to find a temperature that saves energy. With Energy History and Home Report, you can see how much energy you use and why.

• Auto-Schedule. No more programming. The Nest Thermostat learns from you and programs itself.
  • Auto-Away. Don't heat or cool an empty home. Auto-Away adjusts the temperature after you leave.
  • Remote control. With the Nest app, you can change the temperature, check Energy History and get an alert if your home is too hot or cold.
  • Energy History. Know more, save more. Check your Energy History to see how much energy you use and why.
  • Fast setup & installation. Most people install the Nest Thermostat in 30 minutes or less. If you ever need help, call 24/7 support.
  • Works with 95% of 24V heating and cooling systems, including gas, electric, forced air, heat pump, radiant, oil, hot water, solar and geothermal.

I will post our proof requirement tomorrow when I get up. Had this listed on Facebook for awhile had a couple offers never anyone go through with it.

I need to pay off the early termination fee on our electric contract. Part of that termination fee is because the contract my then room mate now girlfriend signed was because the Nest was part of it. We can't use it with our radiator heat system. We really need to pay the bill.

Asking $150 for it.

View attachment 12394 View attachment 12395 View attachment 12396 View attachment 12397 View attachment 12398

Hey man, I do work for Nest! What about your system is deemed incompatible? The thermostat is compatible with most radiant heat systems.

For those looking at this, it's an awesome deal! The warranty sticks with the device, so you won't have any trouble there. Judging by screen size it looks like the third generation as well. Really solid product. If you want to pull the trigger, feel free to shoot me a message with a photo of your current thermostat's wiring if you're curious about compatibility, or call Nest support. It's compatible with the vast majority of systems but you might want to check if yours might be proprietary - I'd be more than happy to help out. If you have any questions about it let me know :)

Proof required in bottom of first post

Hey man, I do work for Nest! What about your system is deemed incompatible? The thermostat is compatible with most radiant heat systems.

For those looking at this, it's an awesome deal! The warranty sticks with the device, so you won't have any trouble there. Judging by screen size it looks like the third generation as well. Really solid product. If you want to pull the trigger, feel free to shoot me a message with a photo of your current thermostat's wiring if you're curious about compatibility, or call Nest support. It's compatible with the vast majority of systems but you might want to check if yours might be proprietary - I'd be more than happy to help out. If you have any questions about it let me know :)

2 wire setup. In my experience it's going to turn the heat on to charge itself assuming it doesn't complain about the lack of common wire which they are designed to do. Best case scenario I plumb a new line. Worst case I need an adapter. Originally I was going to save the money I got from it towards a cheap engagement ring. But little did I know we didn't inform our energy supplier of the move so the contract was canceled. So along with all our other debt we need to pay this stupid early cancellation off and for heat only it isnt worth having to me.

Trust me it was tempting when I saw the heat turned up to fucking 79. It was nice being able to check that shit from my phone

I may take it

Let me know please :) I am charging it up since I took it back out for the proof photo. You wont ever have to charge it unless something goes wrong with your HVAC like at the apartment when the A/C went to shit. Normally it trickle charges off the common wire.

Proof required in bottom of first post

2 wire setup. In my experience it's going to turn the heat on to charge itself assuming it doesn't complain about the lack of common wire which they are designed to do. Best case scenario I plumb a new line. Worst case I need an adapter. Originally I was going to save the money I got from it towards a cheap engagement ring. But little did I know we didn't inform our energy supplier of the move so the contract was canceled. So along with all our other debt we need to pay this stupid early cancellation off and for heat only it isnt worth having to me.

Trust me it was tempting when I saw the heat turned up to fucking 79. It was nice being able to check that shit from my phone

Let me know please :) I am charging it up since I took it back out for the proof photo. You wont ever have to charge it unless something goes wrong with your HVAC like at the apartment when the A/C went to shit. Normally it trickle charges off the common wire.

Ah yeah that sounds totally compatible. And yeah, usually a common wire is preferred. Although without it, it will power share from your W1. It's a very small trickle charge so it doesn't just turn on your system to charge. The only reason a common is really preferred is because that provides a more stable charge, and if something happened to your AC system the battery wouldn't die.

Ah yeah that sounds totally compatible. And yeah, usually a common wire is preferred. Although without it, it will power share from your W1. It's a very small trickle charge so it doesn't just turn on your system to charge. The only reason a common is really preferred is because that provides a more stable charge, and if something happened to your AC system the battery wouldn't die.

A/C Running 24 hours a day for a week straight will drain the battery down to the point of the wifi turning off. I suspect the solid state equivalent of a relay takes more power than it draws from the system.

Worth noting it was running 12-18 hours a day for a month before that. I forget what the problem even was. Had to clean the condensor and at some point after all of that bullshit the fan's capacitor failed. Which no one in my house was smart enough to notice the compressor being loud and the A/C heating the house.

A/C Running 24 hours a day for a week straight will drain the battery down to the point of the wifi turning off. I suspect the solid state equivalent of a relay takes more power than it draws from the system.

I gotta be honest, I've never seen that happen without a common. Unless there's a system issue, you'd have to try pretty hard to get the battery to drain below 3.6v.
But yes, it does draw a very little amount of power when power sharing from the Y1 (default) or W1.

I gotta be honest, I've never seen that happen without a common. Unless there's a system issue, you'd have to try pretty hard to get the battery to drain below 3.6v.
But yes, it does draw a very little amount of power when power sharing from the Y1 (default) or W1.

Place was old. It never complained about the wiring or power. It's also a pretty unusual situation. This place is even older. I am having a ball at dealing with construction methods I can't even begin to explain.

I just double checked mine no c wire so I would be in same boat

If you're interested in it you will be fine without a C wire..

Some very rare circumstances when a common may be needed.

If you're truly concerned, see if you have a spare wire. It's pretty common to see a spare wire in the wall that is likely not hooked up to anything on the HVAC end, you could have a tech hook it up as a common or do it yourself pretty easily.

The apartment was the standard 4 wire. Most places dont have a C wire. Cant find my install pics. But most thermostat setups are going to have 4 wires.

As I understand them one is for cooling the other heat and then the fan which leaves a common ground wire. Thats all the Nest needs.

@razorbackx Since I dont have the photo before and after from the apartment here is what the apartment was like and was wired like:
IMG_1794.jpg

nest-install-push-wires.png

Alternatively (Red is internally jumped if necessary, it shouldn't matter which side is used)
nestreview-mounting-plate.jpg

The colors aren't terribly important. It's just what they go to.

I was Interested till my wifi router just said fu and quit working

Last edited:
Back