PC build for brother

Medic_3223

Alright i know there is a thousand builds out there but i want to maximize based on the current deals out there right now especiall with the ones on newegg.

Need a gaming rig built and the budget is between 1000-1200 dollars does not include monitor. GO.

I've been looking for a new rig for my ladyfriend at around the same price point. This is one I've considered, specifically the build shown in the comment by rolfejc farther down.

There are some debatable choices here, specifically the drives, but it's not a bad starting point right at $1K.

http://pcpartpicker.com/guide/gCKH99/great-gaming-build

Alright i know there is a thousand builds out there but i want to maximize based on the current deals out there right now especiall with the ones on newegg.

Need a gaming rig built and the budget is between 1000-1200 dollars does not include monitor. GO.
I would go with a I 5 chip and a Geforce 970

Even a 1060 is a strong choice right now.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Are you needing the build plus peripherals and OS? Also, are u looking for a prebuilt or looking to build yourself?

I happened to have a $1,200 build saved. http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zxtBZ8

The 1060 will run 1080p maxed out games above 60 FPS without a problem. It's around the GTX 980 in performance. You could shave off about $20-30 by getting a 650w seasonic and still have plenty of power. Being Mini ITX this will be a nice small PC that won't take up too much room. The only real caveat is that you won't be doing SLI with it (I don't see why you would want to). The only drawback is not having an SSD for a boot drive, although that is something you can upgrade to down the road. A buddy of mine uses this motherboard and is in love with it, fantastic audio quality, u.2 support, and it has pretty awesome built in wifi. If it matters at all, the whole thing would look pretty sexy, too.

If you can up your budget at all, you could keep an eye on the GTX 1070. I guess to put it in perspective, the 1060 is the card you want for maxed out 1080p gaming, the 1070 is the card you want for 1440p gaming. If you can't do the 1070, I do suggest throwing an extra $90 at her and grabbing a Samsung Evo 250GB SSD for his boot drive.

Although I'm not sure if you need other peripherals in that budget as well. If that's the case, let me know what else he needs and I'll readjust the list.

Last edited:
You can pick up cheap decent soundcards these days.. on board works fine though.

Is the 1060 as good as they say? I've heard it's like a pair of 970s injected with bull semen and catnip.

Is the 1060 as good as they say? I've heard it's like a pair of 970s injected with bull semen and catnip.

It has around a 15-20% performance increase over the 970. The real benefit in my opinion is the 6GBs of vram over the not even 4GBs. That, and all of the goodies that come along with Pascal.

Back