[BF4] Ping Cap: Players Playing from Overseas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablo Butai

I have been noticing an increase in the number of players with 150+ ping on all TBG servers. Almost every time I get into a CQB scenario with one of these players, I get killed after I unload a clip with more than enough hit markers. I know that the root of the problem is with the NetCode that is used for the games but I also know that a Ping Cap solves the issue. I wanted to know if it would be possible for the servers to get an automated ping kick. I'm just sick of players that aren't even from North America abusing the NetCode. I recorded a moment when I clearly hit two players with a burst of shots but got no hits on one and the other connected with at most 2:
. The attached screenshot is the scoreboard with player that killed me in the clip.2018-12-17 13-47-00_Trim_Trim_Moment.jpg

Just to prove I was on this server:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/1/91856283/1722647795/

A couple things:

Our ping kicker has always been set to 200 since beginning of our BF3 server.

Overnight so from 12 midnight to 6-7 am eastern time ping kicker is fully off to allow players from around the world to join it and keep our server alive. Around 9 am or so, ping kicker goes in to affect again.

If you are pinging / spiking past 200 it wont kick you right away as that's not fair. It takes average samples for about 2-3 minutes if you go above 200. If you ping steady over 2-3 minutes then it will boot you.

So I am not sure what you want us to do because it's been set to 200 forever.

I'm not sure if you want my 2 cents but , I have noticed that I can un load 8 buck shot from a shotgun and still get killed with the higher ping's and get 1 shot with a pistol and die ?? I have no video but I am a man of my word.

@DroopyDog66 Unfortunately this is more of an issue with the netcode used for the get vs. server issues. As server owners we have to create a balance between ping limits and server population. With bf4 slowly on the way out and bf3 on it's last breath, we have to keep our server accessibility for players from other countries as they make up a significant chunk of our player base.

Think of it this way, it's better to have a shitty death from ping on occasion than having a server a quarter full at peak hours.

It's a very big issue on the Naval Strike Server IMHO. Guys from Brazil , China and Japan are coming in with super high pings and using jets on the maps with no or minimal AA available and just ruining the server with 50+ -0 runs because when you TV them from a boat, 90% of the time it passes right through the jet with no damage. They know they are exploiting the situation and when the map rotates to wave breaker where there's no jets, they leave. As far as the server kicking them at 200 for sustained periods of times, there's routinely jets with pings as high as 250-260 for the whole round. I'm not sure why you are catering to these people when it's highly improbable that any of them contribute donations to the server like Americans and Canadians do. There's been many times in recent months when these guys have cleared out a pretty full server because there's just no defense against these high ping jets that is reliable. By comparison, a jet with a sub 100 ping can be defended against in a variety of ways with the boats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back