possible exploit or glitch

Mutineer

Hey guys,

I was thanked for bringing something to your attention in another post, and though this one is much more complicated and took some time to write up, I figured I would push my luck. I wrote this one more like a report to keep info organized... Im afraid it might open up a can of worms.

Server: 24/7 Suez server
Date: Tues Oct 28th
Time: 11:15 PM EST
Suspects: ("Fallen" Clan) Z242Pilot, ("Fallen" Clan) Sixer9682
Admins Online: mjHudson, CTFalcon

Basically, these guys where blowing the consoles through walls. Working together, they would glitch the consoles each game. After the second game of them doing this I called them out on it. Several other players on my team backed me up. I was working defense in corridor 2 when consoles 2 and 4 above me blew simultaneously without our defense ever being breached.

The two suspects admitted they were doing it. They called it "Exploiting the shields" and said it was the only way they could get by the nade spam in the corridors. I told them that nade spam occurs on every server and its no excuse for cheating. They claimed it wasn't cheating and continued to do this each round.

At this point I sent a whisper to mjHudson who replied that if they did it again he would kick them and asked for their names. I reported their info but when they did it again no kicking happened. I then whispered CTFalcon about the situation and got no reply whatsoever. mjHudson later said that he knew of a way they were getting through console 4's shield wall that was letting them blow 4 and 2 right below at the same time with RDX, but it wasn't considered cheating.

At this point after the 3rd round all the players on my team were getting very frustrated including myself. Many of them left, I took some notes about what happened, and left as well. There was no way to defend against it without moving most of the team to titan defense and due to the limited people on the server at the time, that would have eventually led to a loss by silo destruction anyway. It was a lose/lose situation.

Bottom Line:

If this is, in fact legal then why have I never once seen this before? I have played this game since its release and never have I seen people get through the upper corridors shields. Such a shortcut would be, by definition cheating as the game is designed with progressive goals. The lower consoles must be taken out before the upper ones. No one said it would be easy, thats why assaulting the titan is not the recommended way to win the game.

And I am not alone in thinking this. Everyone on my team was shocked not only by this exploit but by the nonchalant way the exploiters where defending it. The admins online either went back on the decision to kick them or didn't respond at all. For weeks I have been playing on your server and have been impressed by the way you handle all manners of issues during the rounds. Your admins seem level headed and fair. Lets get this situation resolved so we can get back to playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

-Mutineer

EA said it is up to the clans/communities who pay for the servers to decide if it is ok to do so or not.

Just to make things clear, it is ok to do this on our server. After I finish with this post, I'm going to put another scrolling auto message on all of our servers that says Piluming the shields at sector 3 & 4 is allowed.

Sorry for the confusion.

well I guess that settles that. Thanks for adjusting the rules to make this clearer. It again proves the leadership of this clan is excellent.

-Mutineer

its called shield overloading and i think it is there to counter nade spammers in the consoles
cheers

It takes 14 Pilum shots to blow the console below and open the shield above. I've done it several times. Not a glitch. Don't know if it can be done with RDX.

I would be curious to know if it can be done with the bait-bomb tactic discussed earlier... If it can be, to Hell with the first-level defence and just man-up in the core room.

To glitch, or not to glitch: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler for the stats to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous kickvotes,
Or to take arms against a sea of PAC soldiers,
And by opposing waste them all? To die: to blow their Titan core;
No more; and by a glitch to say we end
The RDX and the thousand "Medic!" calls
That grenade spamming is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to achieve VICTORY;
To glitch: perchance to win the Gold Medal: ay, there's the rub.

I personally dont like it, i feel it is an easier way around the objective of assaulting the titan, but being the minority on this doesnt help

i rather not have the shield overloading but its going to be happening in the servers all the time, and its hard to point out who is doing what. So what i think is logical is to allow because its a not a considered as an exploit anymore and its very hard to monitor. :*(

[quote1225384115=x=FAST=x]
i rather not have the shield overloading but its going to be happening in the servers all the time, and its hard to point out who is doing what. So what i think is logical is to allow because its a not a considered as an exploit anymore and its very hard to monitor. :*(
[/quote1225384115]

Well clearly the best way to combat this is to maintain really string Silo dominance during the first half of the game. If the shields never go down then they cant board the Titan to do this.

After thinking of this a little more, shaking up the titan defense might be what this game needs after so much of the same thing.

-Mutineer

so everyone knows, i do not believe it works with rdx. it is also very hard for the person piluming the shields to defend himself, and is an easy target. keeps people moving on the titan and discourages camping. =FaLLeN= only learned about it about a month ago and use it whenever we have to (if allowed) I personally prefer wiping out the guys defending the console, but if i can't run past 5 grenades at a time i will equip my pilum. no such thing as free points (i wish)

well explained. No hard feelings I hope about reporting you guys. I was ignorant as to how this works and alot of people still are. But in the end it might end up being a positive thing for the game. See ya in corridor 4 :p

-Mutineer

no hard feelings here. I will see your corridor and raise you a core. :p

Back