Tesla?

Orga Smic

Any Tesla owners in here? What do you think? Mine is on order, so I don't have it yet.

Impossible to buy parts to repair outside of a service center without buying parts cars. If you like to buy new cars every few years sure, if not no.

In line for a Model 3 LR. Hopefully within the next month.
You’ll love it. Of course you’ll get the people who don’t have one, or don’t like them to say dumb shit about them. But mine has been awesome so far!!

Of course you’ll get the people who don’t have one, or don’t like them to say dumb shit about them.

A lot of people tend to relate Tesla too closely to Elon Musk, who hasn't done much good for the public perception of Tesla in my opinion, but doesn't actually have any input into the design or manufacturing of the vehicles. The cars themselves are impressive feats of tech and engineering, although I'll contend that the autonomous driving features are still years away from where they say it is.

I'm interested how many miles you have on yours and what climate you live in? I've always wondered about actual charge cycles vs as advertised.

I have not gotten a VIN yet, however, I do live in Maine. My friend has one and it for sure suffers in winter but not enough to make me change my mind. There is a part about it that most people just do not know.

Last edited:
A lot of people tend to relate Tesla too closely to Elon Musk, who hasn't done much good for the public perception of Tesla in my opinion, but doesn't actually have any input into the design or manufacturing of the vehicles. The cars themselves are impressive feats of tech and engineering, although I'll contend that the autonomous driving features are still years away from where they say it is.

I'm interested how many miles you have on yours and what climate you live in? I've always wondered about actual charge cycles vs as advertised.
So my husband has 12,000 miles on his, and I have 5000 miles on mine. But it’s my husbands second Tesla. So he had one before the current one. We live in PA. So we unfortunately, have winter here. Lol the newer models are made with a heat pump for the colder days. Supposedly helps with keeping the battery warm.. or with charging… the hell if I know. LOL my husband knows all those kind of details… I just drive mine. Haha This past winter we were paying about $60 a month, for each car to charge them. More so his car since he drives 200+ miles a week. I don’t trust the self driving… it does great when it’s used (my husband always uses it) but I like to watch where I’m driving and keep my hands on the wheel. I don’t know how the whole “people sleeping at the wheel” thing is even possible with the amount of things you still have to do when it’s in self drive mode. Unless someone is sleeping for a minute. Lol you have to put light pressure on the steering wheel every so often… you have to put the turn signal on manually to confirm lane change or to exit the highway.
I just love that I no longer have to stop for gas.

I have not gotten a VIN yet, however, I do live in Maine. My friend has one and it for sure suffers in winter but not enough to make me change my mind. There is a part about it that most people just do not know.
Yeah the winters are probably the worst part about having a Tesla. You don’t get as many miles on the car. But for us, we don’t drive 200+ miles in a day… so we don’t notice anything. Also depending on what year or model their car is, it could be before the heat pump was a standard thing in them. Which helps during the colder months.

Musk kind of became a right wing edgelord, and I'm more of a union boy myself, thinking about getting a Ford Mustang E if produciton ever can ramp back up.

Musk kind of became a right wing edgelord, and I'm more of a union boy myself, thinking about getting a Ford Mustang E if produciton ever can ramp back up.

Personally I don't give a shit about his politics or anything he says on social media for that matter. When I say he hurts Tesla's public image I'm talking about the multiple times that he has way over promised and then not under delivered but rather didn't deliver any product at all. See: Tesla shipping trucks, Tesla robots, or literally anything to do with the Boring Company or Hyperloop. I can confidently say that the marketing for his tunneling company is bordering on straight up lies.

That being said, the guy has nurtured some of the biggest companies from the ground up, and he's also pretty transparent with his personal finances. He isn't a boogeyman, but he's certainly not the hero people want to make him out to be. Just another billionaire with the usual skeletons in the closet.

Personally I don't give a shit about his politics or anything he says on social media for that matter. When I say he hurts Tesla's public image I'm talking about the multiple times that he has way over promised and then not under delivered but rather didn't deliver any product at all. See: Tesla shipping trucks, Tesla robots, or literally anything to do with the Boring Company or Hyperloop. I can confidently say that the marketing for his tunneling company is bordering on straight up lies.

That being said, the guy has nurtured some of the biggest companies from the ground up, and he's also pretty transparent with his personal finances. He isn't a boogeyman, but he's certainly not the hero people want to make him out to be. Just another billionaire with the usual skeletons in the closet.
and I'm also from Michigan so, UAW represent haha

I have been begging the husband for a tesla but we don't have the garage space for it to have it charge. We have a weekend warrior sitting in there and it's a small 1 car garage. Hopefully we'll get one if we move to California which seems to be a bigger reality than I'd like... I'm so jealous of you guys with teslas! What a dream to not have to pay for gas.

I have been begging the husband for a tesla but we don't have the garage space for it to have it charge. We have a weekend warrior sitting in there and it's a small 1 car garage. Hopefully we'll get one if we move to California which seems to be a bigger reality than I'd like... I'm so jealous of you guys with teslas! What a dream to not have to pay for gas.
It’s literally amazing. I used to HATE stopping at the gas station, more so than PAYING for the gas.

It’s literally amazing. I used to HATE stopping at the gas station, more so than PAYING for the gas.
oh, please, rub it in! We just stopped to get gas... I hate stopping to get gas. I've had my car since January and I still don't know where the tank is because he always gets it for me. I just want my tesla.

oh, please, rub it in! We just stopped to get gas... I hate stopping to get gas. I've had my car since January and I still don't know where the tank is because he always gets it for me. I just want my tesla.
Give me his cell phone number. I’ll get you that Tesla

lol he'll yell at me! I pull up to work at the same time as some guy in a range rover and he had a different one. Asked him what happened to his other and he said "new tires, this is my wifes" and I responded "just do what I do and get a new car when it comes time to changing your tires".... because that's LITERALLY what I do and it's not on purpose.... every couple of years I want a new car... give me a couple of years lol. I just got the explorer.

We got a leaf the other day for short trips, it works alright. If I were to buy an expensive electric car today it would be a tossup between electric f150 and a hyundai ioniq 5.

I picked up 2022 Tesla Model 3 LR yesterday!! Drove from New Jersey to Maine today because I had to go to NJ to pick it up. I have to say that I love it!!!

Back