The only corruption/terror:

@ChromeLightsaber if you are worried about classes and equality, the more time/effort you put into your community(the more "life experience" you have), the more experience/ say so you would have in a particular avenue/location. Which is, pretty much "incentive" based. If everyone had the incentive to look after the human race for the betterment of our well being, labour is meaningless.! communities/populations would thrive because we would be striving to out due each other mentally instead of financially or by warfare.

*edit* after reading the final draft, sheesh, throw it on the hood chrome! ;)

I do really like the idea about "life experience" and incentive-based things getting people together. United they could shame the supremacists and eventually overpower them and maybe even get rid of supremacy but that has yet to be seen, it's a huuuuuge "if" but it's nice to think about. I don't always agree with the guy below but he does bring up an interesting point:
272fb65c62eb1c040230be5bc96064e1.jpg

I read the comment about "no crime" in the 4th line of your first post, @Snakebabies, and thought to myself that there would still be crimes and murders like fighting over loved ones (or even getting rid of someone who was once loved but is now hated), but I understand you're talking more about getting rid of monetary economics and not necessarily bringing in a utopia but working toward one right?

Just letting my mind wander...maybe with technology we could clone successfully and have them live longer than Dolly the sheep did, but I think humans would still be like "I want the original, I don't want the clone". Then who would decide who gets the original and who gets the clone? Who would decide who decides that? Well whoever puts that into place would be challenged on their authority because you don't mess with loved ones and get away with it easily. There are a lot of ethical questions too about cloning like what right do we have to clone someone else just to be with another person and what if the clone don't want to be with the person? Ya I'm coming up with more questions than answers so, anyways, moving on..

@ChromeLightsaber brings up good points about supply and demand and who decides what resources go where for what purpose, given that there would be no more currencies to decide that. The problem with trying to get rid of monetary economics is that there are finite resources. Sure we can space travel in hopes of getting more resources, but until then, we're stuck here and need a system. I don't really see free-for-all happening. Even when food has been given freely it has ended up getting stolen or sold instead of being distributed freely and evenly as intended.

Also China wouldn't easily forgive the debt the U.S. owes. Should they? For the good of humanity? Well it's easy for the U.S. to say yes. Even if Chinese leaders agreed, they'd probably be assassinated. There would no doubt have to be a world war before the venus project would get put into place. Also entities in current power wouldn't give it up easily. Things would have to get really bad first.

Maybe one day people will move to another planet and give it a try and only people who agree to the ideologies are allowed on the planet. I doubt that will happen or that I'll get to see it but eh I'll shaddap (for now).

Last edited:
I read the comment about "no crime" in the 4th line of your first post, @Snakebabies, but I understand you're talking more about getting rid of monetary economics and not necessarily bringing in a utopia but working toward one right?
yes, I know this will not come to pass anytime soon, but the idea is out there and Ideas are bulletproof. All I wish is for the human race to evolve mentally and put down all this petty indifferent nonsense...politics/religion.

When inventions are shut down or bought and locked away in a file cabinet somewhere, is NOT right. It retards the growth of the human mind when peoples ideas turn into reality and then taken from them due to money.. I think I read/heard someone talking about a new clothes washer system based solely on water pressure?

This discussion has been a nice read, I like that the members of TBG are not idiots.

Planned obsolescence is a problem with a lot of products these days, and it is a byproduct of a monetary economy that requires consumer spending. I remember TVs and VCRs could be taken to a place to get repaired. These days it seems to cost more to repair them than to buy a new one (unless you do it yourself of course, but many people aren't willing to do it and manufacturers capitalize on that).

I recently installed a new food waste disposer because the old one rusted inside and was leaking (it happens to a lot of Badger 5 food waste disposers). If it was made with stainless steel the problem wouldn't be as common. There are stainless steel disposers, but the one I saw was $300, next time I'll probably just get that one.

Another example is light bulbs, they shouldn't have to be replaced as often as they are: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...strong-109-years-worlds-oldest-lightbulb.html

So the construction worker who gets up at 3am to work in the hot Arizona sun for 8 hours's labor, and my 8 hours on a telephone in a 75 degree building, are now 'equal'
Who wakes up to go to work tomorrow?
got a slider for you @ChromeLightsaber : Why are you on a phone?
Wait a minute, dont you work at a fucking bank? or is that @HomebrewerCraig ?

I know you are a musician, would you play shows if you got paid in pussy and drink? Or a place to live with free power just to entertain people?
Venus Project may be flawed, but the thought is there. I could see incentive based RBE being more beneficial to mankind than slave labour for a piece of paper with ink on it.
The problem with trying to get rid of monetary economics is that there are finite resources.
The thing with this is, what resource is our most important one this day and age? ENERGY!

And how do we harness this energy that is provided by the rock we live on? With technology(which is policed in order to maintain the slavery) :
renewable-energy-sources2.gif

How the fuck can another human being claim rights/supreme power over something that is natural(as natural as the birth of you or me, or your kids)? Other than being a cunt(s), the fact that we get paid with an imaginary currency, just to give it all back to the banks is insanity.
Another example is light bulbs, they shouldn't have to be replaced as often as they are
exactly, the technology is out there for light bulbs to last 5+ years, bankers would not be able to capitalize on products like that...fucking computers.....do you think countries' governments half ass satellites and "human policing" equipment? Why not? because it's more efficient, and costs lest "resources" to maintain(if you build it right the first time...build it to last).

Back