Transport Droppers

z242pilot

Friday night on the suez server there was a lot of transport dropping going on, the biggest offender was wallace2112 and i confirmed that sniper.pro did it once (only caught on one occurance). i am not sure if transport dropping is against the server rules but i just thought i would let you guys know as i find it extremely annoying. Stop those trannies :) (this all happened around 2100-2300)

Yeah, I've seen this done many, many times....I'd say this is not really ramming, you know, so its not against the rules, I guess. They managed to get me like this in my gship once too. So I just took it one, in the ass and kept on going. LOL But if anybody have any different oppinions please post it.

I knowww its soooo annoying. But if we set it as a rule its gonna be too much, I think. But may be, we should think about how to deal with it.

This is the norm with people who have no pilot skills....always fly with a wingman....this wont happen....

It wasn't a problem for anyone flying-this was repeatedly, and I mean every time a transport came up, dropping it on or ramming apcs, tanks, infantry, whatever. Zero skills period.

If they are using the transport angeling it down and bailing to take out apc, tanks, etc. this is considered ramming. In our servers it says RULE #2 NO RAMMING. People doing what I said above would result in a violation of that rule.

That's exactly what was happening. It's not that the player was bailing out and the transport dropped on somebody or something. That I can see-look out below. But this was angling down and bailing, or sometimes just ramming whatever the target was. On silo 5 (at different times) they did that to our tank, our APC, and an FAV that stopped to pick up infantry. Though it did stop when I mentioned that no ramming was in the server rules, it was constant for a while, every time a transport was available on the other side.

This in my opnion is a real hard subject. I have been accused many times of something similar to this. I Pilot alot on ur mixed titan maps, and do alot of transport driveing for my team.
Now when i pilot clearly hits the "bail out!" key word over and over and ur dumb azz doesnt bail out. Dont take it out on the pilot.
When i say get out, get out lol cuz i am about to be shot at or want to cap a flag.
Anyway its a REAL fine line when it comes to that stuff.. CLearly raming another gunship with a gundship yes.. But being hit by a transport...
Were u hit by the pod or gunship? Hard to tell to be honest. I just want to throw my 2 centz in but bad idea, like the other guy said way to hard to enforce, because it would be purely subjective to what ever admin was on, and if they wernt there to see it hard to make a decesion

i warn people when i see this and then kick if seen again, its a form of ramming though the rammer does not get any points for it

I clearly understand it's sometimes a difficult problem, but I saw this again last night with the same player. He repeatedly uses transports, by himself, to ram or drop them on infantry, vehicles, you name it. Typically, I'll see him drop transports on infantry, bail a few feet off the ground and attempt to take a silo. There is no mistaking his intent since it's a pattern. Anything he sees near a silo-it's getting a transport dropped on it to give him a chance to take a silo or maybe just neutralize the opponents. Personally, with Wallace, it's getting really old seeing him do this round after round. I guess I find it so annoying because it's part of his game. He relies on dropping or ramming, it's not just an odd incident or that he's being chased by another vehicle.

Ok - so i wont do this anymore... i thought i was doing something new. I dont do it to vehicles. I was doing it to silos and I apologize - even though nobody knows it was me doing it. YAY! Learn something new everyday!

Uhm - so last night I dropped my transport on heatSurge's transport stationed on the pillar overlooking 5 - 3 times. I usually dont aim for vehicles or people for that matter. I think its funny that I am not aiming for the silo yesterday when I try to bail out before i even get to the silo - as I can attack from the outside and work my way in. To heatSurge - I am sorry (I dont think i would have aimed for you if this thread wasn't created and I got it into my little head that it works... Please forgive me. LOL) ANyways... when your titan shields haven't even been touched and you guys are already blowing our reactor core - I feel like I should be allowed to transport drop whoever or whatever I want. You're going to win anyways... Obviously something isn't all that fare to begin with.

Wallace was dropping them left & right; the hard part is finding the person that does it. Once in a while is fine but I'm kicking repeat offenders

I was doing it last night for shits and giggles.
I have since this post actually retracted that approach to silo capping.

[blockquote]I was doing it last night for shits and giggles.
I have since this post actually retracted that approach to silo capping[/blockquote]

Yeah, that seems reasonable enough. What was I thinking???

Back