Custom Case Mods

Nice builds on that site using rigid tubing. That is what I'll be replacing my Primochill flex tubing with. If your thinking of using rigid, get the clear at:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-plastic-hollow-tubing/=10u5zl5
Look for the PETG type. It is pretty strong. You can find the compression fittings at a number of online stores like frozencpu.com, Xoxide.com, etc. They only sell the clear tubing at a very low price. Just use distilled water with a dye of your favorite color. I only use distilled water. You really don't need to $20 for coolant. I've been using it for years.

Nice builds on that site using rigid tubing. That is what I'll be replacing my Primochill flex tubing with. If your thinking of using rigid, get the clear at:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-plastic-hollow-tubing/=10u5zl5
Look for the PETG type. It is pretty strong. You can find the compression fittings at a number of online stores like frozencpu.com, Xoxide.com, etc. They only sell the clear tubing at a very low price. Just use distilled water with a dye of your favorite color. I only use distilled water. You really don't need to $20 for coolant. I've been using it for years.
frozencpu's been out of business for more than a year now. Xoxide has limited selection too. Any more I mainly go to performance-pcs for water cooling stuff.

frozencpu's been out of business for more than a year now. Xoxide has limited selection too. Any more I mainly go to performance-pcs for water cooling stuff.

Just goes to show you how long it's been since I bought modding toys. Thanks for a new source.

When it comes to a case. It's well worth the investment in a well built one. It will last for years or until you're bored with it. I have a Level 10 GT I bought when they first came out. Now I look at cases and just drool, but mine still works great.

I am using a heavily modified corsair carbide 500r. It works great for.what I need.

I have removed most of the hard drive bays out of my computer. What I did is one side panel I've made mounting spots for my solid states. I cut slits into the metal to allow some venting. My mechanicals are still in the remaining cage. In that open space I've cut out 2 squares and installed a space to mount each radiator for my fury x cards. I also cut a portion of the top to allow installation of a 360mm rad

I am using a heavily modified corsair carbide 500r. It works great for.what I need.
Yet another Frankenstein case I see that thing will last you 10 years.

Fractal Define-s. The case I have is cheap and perfect for water cooling. However it's got some set backs , no 5.25 bay or 3.25. ssd & hd's mount vertically o the back side. http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-s-window
Thats what Im using and I love it

I have removed most of the hard drive bays out of my computer. What I did is one side panel I've made mounting spots for my solid states. I cut slits into the metal to allow some venting. My mechanicals are still in the remaining cage. In that open space I've cut out 2 squares and installed a space to mount each radiator for my fury x cards. I also cut a portion of the top to allow installation of a 360mm rad
Sounds pretty Hardcore my friend

Back