Video card upgrade advice

Statistic68

Admin
Admin
Donator
So I've had my Alienware now for about 3 years and the video card that came with it is this.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 OC wit h 8GB GDDR6

I have no performance issues with it, however it's black Friday and there are allot of deals out there. I want to just look around and see what deals I can find. What upgrade do you guys suggest? I don't want top of the line but something worth the money I spend. I think 4090's are out so i'm thinking maybe top of the line 30xx?

What do you think? I need specific make/model to look for.

Thanks,
Shannon

honestly for the price going from a 2080 to a 3070 is fair enough. But also I am trying to be modest about things. Anything bigger than that and i believe you'd have to rearrange your PCI Ports ( if you have more than 1 thing in them ) as the cards are quite large.

I would stay clear of the 40 series.. WAY too many issues and lawsuits. google 4090 power cord issues

If you care about ray tracing.. then I would upgrade. I would go from the 2080 to a 3080 however. Going with a 3070 would not give really any performance improvement in my opinion.

I went from a gtx1080 to a rtx3080. BF2042 frames... gtx1080 air cooled 90 to 100 frames medium settings - rtx3080 liquid cooled 130 to 160 frames medium settings (ray tracing off.. DLSS on)

I personally would not upgrade at this point. AMD will soon offer some really nice cards. Just remember EVGA even gave up on nVidia.

Back