AMD launching next generation of Radeon graphics cards next week

Bob369963

Ban Manager/Moderator
AMD launching next generation of Radeon graphics cards next week, shipping by end of the year

By Vlad Savov posted Oct 15th 2010 2:56AM

The attentive newshounds over at AnandTech have picked out a golden nugget of disclosure from AMD's earnings call last night, citing CEO Dirk Meyer as saying "we will be launching our second-generation DX11 graphics offerings next week." What he's talking about, of course, is the highly anticipated refresh of the Radeon HD 5000 series, which some recent spec leaks suggested would bring a healthy bump in performance. After announcing the new product line next week, AMD promises to flood the market with "hundreds of thousands of units," which will be shipping before the end of this quarter -- meaning you'll have a Radeon HD 6xxx in time for the holiday gaming craze if you really want it. Can't ask anymore than that, now can we?

It sure looks like it. Hmmm 6 monitors. Wonder if you can actually use all 6.

So only two of them will work? Well that sucks. There goes my massive wall of monitors idea.

So only two of them will work? Well that sucks. There goes my massive wall of monitors idea.

No, I was just saying it would take an assload of GPU power to run 6 monitors at anything near a respectable speed in frames per second.

Fedex just dropped mine off this morning. I'll have my review ready when the release date comes around. :)

Back