Haf-X finally announced.

sixer9682

<table class="contentpaneopen"><tbody><tr><td class="contentheading" width="100%">Cooler Master shows its new HAF case </td> <td class="buttonheading" align="right" width="100%"> </td> <td class="buttonheading" align="right" width="100%"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table class="contentpaneopen"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top" width="70%"> Written by Slobodan Simic </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" class="createdate" valign="top"> Thursday, 27 May 2010 11:34 </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" valign="top">
coolermaster.gif

Special HAF X

Cooler Master has launched yet another version of its quite popular HAF chassis, the HAF X. The new one targets enthusiasts, games and overclockers as this one combines great looks with high performance.

The case has 230x550x590mm (WxHxD) dimensions and weighs in at a stunning 14.36kg due to its steel structure. It's all black, including the interior, which can be seen thanks to the side window. Other features include a tool-free design, special cable management system, pre-drilled holes for water-cooling systems and a total of five fans.

It packs six 5.25-inch drive bays, all exposed, front placed I/O panel with eSATA, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, Firewire, audio ports as well as the SATA dock. The cooling is handled by a total of four fans, a 230mm red LED fan in the front, two 200mm on top and on the side, and a 140mm rear fan.

The case should be available pretty soon with a US $199/€179 price tag.

cm_hafx_1.jpg

cm_hafx_2.jpg

cm_hafx_3.jpg

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Pros: two fans on top; just slide in a rad.
cut out for cpu...a lot bigger than 932
rubber gromlet to hide wires +1

Cons: I would guess the bottom fan would have to go for longer PS
Smaller side fan

I'm a big fan of the HAF series. I have the "original" 932, Sgtdeadred has the 922, both are excellent cases imo.

I really like what they've done with this one as far as the hotswap hdd, better watercooling options, the directional airflow thingy for the gpu(s), better wire management options, etc. Pretty damn nice case :)

Looks like the ATCS 840 that I bought... but more ugly LULZ.

JK it looks alright, but I don't like the "industrial" feel of it.

Im working on getting ahold of one of these now, they havent been released as of yet. but im hoping one of the 64 distrubutors I have access to will have a few of these starting to come in. If they do i'll see if I can get ahold of one for the mechine im building.

I see it's listed at newegg, but is still shown as unavailable.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=11-119-225

While coolermaster has announced that the case was released, it seems that it was eaither released to manufacturing, or to customs (after all its made in china).

If its released to manufacturing, then we have about 3 weeks

If its released to customs, (they basicly go through it and rip one appart to find all of its hiding places) we have about 1-1 1/2 weeks untill it hits retail outlets.

Ill let you know when i get info on the actual street release date.

Also I dont think HAF X will be it's true name, according to someone i know that has some info on coolermaster naming systems. HAF X is the developmental name for the series, the non developmental name should be the number 942 represented in the model number. So the actual case will be the HAF 942, although he did mention that just beacuse this is coolermaster norm dosent mean they will always follow it.

Custums? It's customs, FYI... and I doubt they rip EVERY case apart. They x-ray them I think (not sure if every single one or a sample) and probably sniff with dogs around the warehouse, but that's probably about it.

Custums? It's customs, FYI... and I doubt they rip EVERY case apart. They x-ray them I think (not sure if every single one or a sample) and probably sniff with dogs around the warehouse, but that's probably about it.

They only will rip appart one of them to determine any locations within the case, (or any other object) that can be used to hide contraband. After one had been riped appart the rest are sent through, as you said, x-ray/dog's ect.

Coming from the mouth of the distributor, and Cooler Master, there current projection put the cases release date to some where at the end of this month and the start of the next.

They did not give a reason for the delay

Mostlikely Newegg will have the case for $199 USD.

ill try to get the e-mail posted (if its allowed) ill have to get ahold of my friend here that gave me the info. He runs his own small business selling computer parts hence why i have access to a few of his 64 distributors.

Back