Planning New Build

Cowbell Kevin

Udderbagging Grandmaster
Head Admin
Water cool that card, then sell it with the waterblock to maybe a friend in need

Just noticed that I selected 3000 speed memory in the list.. i was looking at the 3600

Don't know why you stuck on Intel to spend more money for less performance.......
I went back and forth on this one. I actually went Intel just for that motherboard. (I know that is lame but it was the truth).

I figured you owned stock in intel and was wishing to recover some bucks, or that you had a closet full of intel fanbo cowteeshirts....

i would honestly think about getting amd board

I went back and forth on this one. I actually went Intel just for that motherboard. (I know that is lame but it was the truth).
It's a good build, and Intel parts are readily available, unlike AMD right now. That's a good set up so far. The only thing I'd recommend is getting a larger M.2 drive.

IDK how many games you play, but most of the modern ones take up to 180GB just for 1 game which doesn't leave a lot of room for the OS and all your other programs.

Don't know why you stuck on Intel to spend more money for less performance.......

Right now you'd end up spending more money to get AMD at all. Money in the bank equals 0 performance. The guys a psycho for trying to build right now at all. Have to go for parts available.

I thought about a larger m.2 but it doesnt seem worth the money. I will add a 2.5 inch ssd for extra game storage. Load times are not that much different on games from the 2.5 inch drives. And they are half the price.

Not trying to Hijack the thread but I finished my new build!

SPECS:
CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700X (8 CORES, 16 THREADS)
RAM: 32GB DDR4 CRUCIAL BALLISTIX @ 3200MHZ
GPU: AMD RADEON RX 580 8GB
MOBO: AORUS B450 M (MICRO ATX)
STORAGE: 500GB SSD (For now until I transfer all my files from my Alienware)
PSU: 750W EVGA 80+ GOLD

a2.jpg

a1.jpg

New build complete.

Intel I7 11700k
MSI MPG Z590 Carbon EK X motherboard
32gb GSkill ram 3600
Samsung 500gb MVME SSD
All EKWB cooling components with 2 360mm radiators
Reusing my EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 video card
Case is Lian Li O11 Dynamic with Lian Li Unifans
Seasonic 850W power supply Titanium rated

Still need to get different power cables for video card to clean that up. A little more wire management as well. Then getting everything set back right in Windows.

First run of BFV was 150 to 180 frames on Ultra. Was running 70 to 90 frames on low on the old system with the same video card.

I LOVE your build! Did you use soft tubing? I have a 9900k/2080 Ti in a Dynamic XL with the distro as well. I went with black soft tubing. I need to drain my loop, and while I am doing that I am doing to redo some of the tubing. I may go hardline, but I am not sure yet.

Attachments

• Lian-Li Build.jpg
    Lian-Li Build.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 243
Wanted to buy a 3080 and loop it. Probably try and wait for a 4080 and loop it. My gtx 1080 will do for now.

Back