Windows 8 Consumer Preview: Gaming on a multi-monitor desktop PC (video)

Wait, this is not gaming on multiple monitors, he is just using windows 8 on multiple monitors. And one of the monitors happens to have a game on it.

Windows on an XBox!? hey give them a keyboard and mouse while your add it...#wtfthatisfuckinretardedupthefuckingass.....

It's pretty gay. They are trying to turn PCs into big tablets. You really need a touchscreen monitor to enjoy all the gayness.

It's pretty gay. They are trying to turn PCs into big tablets. You really need a touchscreen monitor to enjoy all the gayness.
Which is why Win8 can go fuck itself. Of course, because it's such a stupid product it will be bought by multiples of millions of sheeple.

eh, windows 8 = game designers are going to start programing for Mac OS.

LoL, where do I sign up for that shit? j/k
Agree 100% with Six.

It makes no sense testing a new OS when Win 7 hasn't been out that long.

eh, windows 8 = game designers are going to start programing for Mac OS.

Because every gamer has $2500 to fork over for a last-gen Core i7, 3GB RAM, and a Radeon HD 5770? (Baseline Mac Pro.)

Microsoft is trying to provide more regular OS updates, so to increase sales frequency and prevent another pro-XP/anti-Vista situation. (Vista's only real problem, IMO, was UAC.) That said, I still find it a bit odd that Windows 7 is NOT the 7th major version of Windows. (Windows 1.0, 2.x, 3.x, 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, "7" [really 10/9, depending on how you count ME/2000; call it 7 if you start with Windows 3.x--MS's first big success (but then, what do you call ME/Vista?)].)

It makes perfect sense. They want something to integrate their desktop OS to their mobile devices. They see that the pie right now is split basically between android and iOS. They want a slice of it and think that having people get used to an OS on their desktop, the leap to a windows mobile device wont be a learning curve. It's really the only way to cut in on android and ios's dominance right now.

You don't need a Mac computer to run the Mac OS. You can Buy the OS lion for $30 and run it just fine. But I'm not totally sure about Nvidia support though.

It makes no sense testing a new OS when Win 7 hasn't been out that long.

Actually I would argue that statement makes no sense. Microsoft's release schedule has always been 2-3 years since Windows 3.1 which was the first one I used. Windows 7 has been out since fall 2009. Development on the next windows typically is parallel with the release of a new os and by the time 8 is out it would have been 3 years.

Vista is the only release that really deviated and is definitely not a benchmark for time.

Windows 8 itself is a different argument. The way microsoft operates they almost force people into upgrading. The support on 7 has been extended already so they intend for it to stick around but there is a question about sales availability in the future. Microsoft needs to move into a tablet fork of the OS but messing with the desktop end with the exception of options to use is unacceptable. Touch screen all in ones are on the market and that segment will grow. But dont mess with how I have been doing shit since windows 95.

You don't need a Mac computer to run the Mac OS. You can Buy the OS lion for $30 and run it just fine. But I'm not totally sure about Nvidia support though.

I know it's called Hackintosh--usually made available by the OSx86 project. However, Mac OS isn't stand-alone--you cannot buy a Mac from anyone but Apple (and one or two cloners). Hardware prices are bloated & compatibility is limited. It's usually dependent most on motherboards, so you have to buy off the tested list and hope any additional fixes work. My particular motherboard, an Asus Sabertooth X58, was last tested as part of 10.6.8 and my specific graphics card was untested (though a similar card mostly worked--no DisplayPort & max 1920x1080 resolution). 10.7.3 & 10.8 are untested with my hardware though I'd assume they'd work...

Anyways, until Apple releases OSX as a true stand-alone for DIYers, it won't be a gaming platform. You may see a lot more sales for Mac games, but only because there are more people using them. Real gamers are stuck on Windows since, last I checked, Apple never plans to sanction DIYers.

Besides, Windows 7 was more like a big service pack for Vista. It fixed or tweaked a bunch of things but, ultimately, they're very much the same. The only thing I really noticed being better on 7 (besides UAC--which I've always had disabled) is desktop gadgets and pinning applications to the taskbar. Otherwise, I've disabled most of the time-consuming animations--it looks like Aero but is far more responsive. No shadows, either--those always bugged me.

Very true bob, To be honest i haven't dug all that deep as to what works and what doesn't with the MAC OS. I just fear that Microsoft is secretly leaning towards to making all Win users end being forced to buy a Xbox### just to play games. LOL

Very true bob, To be honest i haven't dug all that deep as to what works and what doesn't with the MAC OS. I just fear that Microsoft is secretly leaning towards to making all Win users end being forced to buy a Xbox### just to play games. LOL

Won't happen. Most developers, however, would love to see that model. PC gaming can be a simply massive market when done right. When done poorly, it'll be the developer's worst platform. Many of them still fail to get that the reason PC gamers play on PC is because we like keyboards, mice, and the flexible accuracy that comes with both. Yeah, sure, better graphics and higher resolutions play a role, but ultimately it's more about the how than the what.

I think thats where the consoles guy could corner the market, if they allowed a mouse and keyboard to used on a console.

I think thats where the consoles guy could corner the market, if they allowed a mouse and keyboard to used on a console.

PS3 allows it for OS interaction and optionally games. Hell PS2 could utilize it as well. I play FF7 Dirge of Cerberus with a Mouse and Keyboard. Its setup as a third person shooter but thats the only game Ive played. FF11 I believe was one of many games that utilized a keyboard for both command and chat. Unfortunately many games don't support it on any console and they're are adapters for such.

This was a PS2 controller I had. Was mainly designed for things such as Final Fantasy 11 which was MMO.
P1135773.jpg

Solutions like these have been available to provide support where not available for years:
a_16_4.jpg
Hori-TAC3-01.jpg

This is why I give Fritoz MAJOR shit when he says "Read my signature". Yeah no I read that the day it was published long before it was in your signature haha. Old news. If they included 9 dollar KB and Mouse kit with every console sold and asked at a minimum FPS developers to support it not only would cross platform work every fucking day of the week. PC gamers would bitch a little less. If a console gamer is still using a controller it is probably because even on a PC they use a controller.

Well, I used a Controller to fly with cause I can't fly with a mouse to save my life. But, I use good ol' WASD + mouse for ground combat.

Back